A tale of two mosques

Priyank Thatte

Traveler, Geek, Blogger, Musician, and a Bureaucrat. In that order. I like to narrate stories, click pictures, and partake in some social commentary. I also like to make each day happy and fruitful because there is no point in living otherwise, is there. Personal blog | Travel blog

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. These definitely are on my bucket list!!

2. Chinese tourist visa says:

wow. amazing view of mosque from inside. glad to know that you enjoyed your trips to mosque.

3. Thanks for taking me back to Turkey! My favorite was the Sulemaniye mosque simply because it was quieter, less crowded, and allowed me to really take in the details without being jostled by tour groups. They’re both beautiful and worth visiting. Did you get to any of the smaller mosques in town?

• Priyank says:

Thanks Lauren! Yes I did visit other mosques in Istanbul – such as the Shehzade mosque nearby and a bunch of other places in the old city as well as the Asian side. I enjoyed them, especially the Sinan-styled ones. :)

4. Devendra says:

Very nice!

5. Nishant Patel says:

very nice pictures of mosque…this is the first time i have seen any mosque pictures from inside view…thanx

6. Lance says:

We were there back in September and absolutely agree – both mosques are worth visiting. The crowds at the Blue Mosque were pretty impressive, but Süleymaniye was tranquil and offered amazing views of Istanbul and the Bosphorus. Thanks for sharing!

7. Oleg says:

Hey! Priyank! Are You Indian? Are You traveler? Have You ever been in Poland? I hope You think about travel to Poland, because this is amazing place (if You ever been in Wroclaw city in the future I can help You ;))

If You don`t know anything about Poland take a look here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic-Poland/652932704723120?fref=ts
    (or type EPIC POLAND in facebook search box)

Greetings from Poland! ;)
    Oleg

8. The interiors of those two mosques are just unbelievable gigantic, It’s hard to think they were able to build them back then. I think we’d struggle even with all our modern-day technology

9. Nice Article,I read It from Top To Bottom With Very Interest.
    The Blue Mosque Is Very Beautiful.
    The suleymaniye Is Also Beautiful.
    Can We Get The Chai For Free In Chai Khana???

10. شقق مفروشة للايجار فى السعودية says:

great
    i love your blog a lot.

11. Trotter says:

Hi Priyank! Fabulous shots and post!!

Hope you are having a great holiday season! Sorry for the absence, but work and concerns are keeping me away from Blogtrotter… Anyhow, enjoy my latest post at Tobago, and have a great season!
    Wish you all the best for 2014, hopefully better than 2013!