Marshrutka

Priyank Thatte

Traveler, Geek, Blogger, Musician, and a Bureaucrat. In that order. I like to narrate stories, click pictures, and partake in some social commentary. I also like to make each day happy and fruitful because there is no point in living otherwise, is there. Personal blog | Travel blog

You may also like...

17 Responses

1. Mahendra says:

We call them tum-tum in Pune.

Hey, somehow the idea of auto-post dissuades me from commenting as I know you’re not here reading comments.

Hope your trip is going fine!

• Priyank says:

Hi Mahendra,
      I know what you mean, hence the hesitation while scheduling posts on my travels. I don’t think I’ll do that anymore… :D

2. Oh that is just like the jeepneys in the Philippines! They have fixed routes, and there are signs up front saying where they are going. You pass your fare forward and change comes back. Except that it isn’t a closed vehicle like that, given the different climates.

3. Nita says:

I don’t mind commenting on auto posts. Visited here after a long time. As usual it was entertaining to go through several of your photo posts. Lovely pics, and very neat.
    Enjoy.

4. Bob says:

Very cool, you have seen and done so much in your travels, great shots too.

5. Zhu says:

And how is the driving? I’m curious!

• Priyank says:

I must say that driving is pretty good. Ofcourse nobody will stop for pedestrians even if you are crossing the street, LOL!! But I didn’t feel like praying to Gods to protect my life from the driver… a good sign ;-)

6. Celine says:

In Egypt, there are such ”shared taxis” in Alexandria and Luxor.

7. Urban Indian says:

I can relate to ur love for public transport and hatred for the private. To this day, I prefer giving a lift to fellow travelers on my way to the office as I hate to travel alone. :-)

• Priyank says:

haha, yes I know some people who do that.. in fact when I was tired, I used to ask strangers (usually bikers) for a ride home!